1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

Creative Announcement

Discussion in 'Creative' started by MasterGabeMOD, Oct 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasterGabeMOD

MasterGabeMOD System Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Hey players!

With some big server changes coming around, it was decided that we will no longer be advertising our Creative server in the lobby. Our explanation to this is simply to discourage our new players from joining that particular gamemode. We also don't like having a divided Creative community.

IDMC will not be shutting Creative down anytime soon. Our intentions are to continue supporting Creative further while it's still receiving love from the community. Though; we wish to encourage the new players to join our wonderful CreativeRP server! Creative will still be accessible via /creative command, but you will no longer have the convenience of the lobby statue nor GUI.

Furthermore, these changes will be taking place in 1 week. If you have any questions or concerns about these changes, please feel free to comment down below.

2. Cobwebster

Cobwebster Manager
    Staff Member Manager

I think this is probably the best way to go around it, we obviously shouldn't have 2 creative game modes under one network. Especially when it splits the player base. Its okay for peak times but whenever peak ends it leaves a dead creative and an active CreativeRP.

Obviously, we don't just wanna delete a game mode so this is the best way to ensure those who have builds/love the game mode can continue to play.

We'll make sure its easy to join Creative for those who want to continue to play, we'll also offer the plot download command for those who wish to save their plots.

Nileza and MasterGabeMOD like this.
  3. TheTurtle_Gamer

TheTurtle_Gamer IDMC Addict

Hmm..... Interesting. Does that mean you wish to remove Creative, but you don't wanna ruin peoples builds? Cause what I read, it sounds like if Creative had nothing on it, you'd remove it lol. I feel like you should tbh advertise Creative as a more relaxed building experence to CRP, which it is, instead of just not advertising it at all. So those who wish for a quiet experence knows it exists still, especially if they just joined the server and they find CRP to hectic, like I do.

4. Cobwebster

Cobwebster Manager
    Staff Member Manager

We don't wanna remove it because it does have a small player base, we just cant have new people being directed to 2 creative servers. It just splits the player base up too much and its hurting Creative because everyone prefers CRP.

5. TheTurtle_Gamer

Then why not make Creative bigger and better with more features to help builders build amazing and massive projects?

6. Cobwebster

Cobwebster Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Creative atm is already rocking the same standard of CRP, people just aren't interested in it because CRP has the higher player count. We don't really want 2 creative gamemodes on the network. There isn't much point trying to make popular because it still splits the player base.

Running events/making it popular only makes the issue worse.

7. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

Creative is an inactive game mode, where as CreativeRP is the most popular game mode on the server. It’d make sense to remove Creative all together (IMO) but the amount of upset players having their builds removed is a very valid reason to keep it.

Overall, my opinion is that I’m okay with creative being removed all together. Ultimately, it’s not my choice, but it’s my two cents.

Cobwebster likes this.
  8. Thief

Thief Novice

I Understand this as Creative used to be big then CRP rolled around. Lowly makes a good point. So now its gonna be Like Vanilla. there but not many people know of it!

9. Unknown User

Unknown User Member

So, what your saying is that creative will be removed from the compass in your inventory/hotbar, because you want to advertise CreativeRP? I just think this is ridiculous. I absolutely know the fact that you can access Creative via /creative. Creative is probably, the most popular server if not, top 5 at least gamemodes in the entire multiplayer world. Again, I just think this is unnecessary.

10. MasterGabeMOD

MasterGabeMOD System Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Our recent statistics were showing that Creative was only getting about 10 to 15 players maximum prior to us removing the lobby statue, etc. Since we've added many features from CRP over to Creative, we were not seeing any improvements to the amount of traffic going to the Creative server. Instead, majority were still going over to CreativeRP. We aren't going to kill off Creative anytime soon though. The server will still be there, just not advertised since we don't see a purpose in advertising 2 Creative servers.

11. KyraZCat

KyraZCat Well-Known Member

Please no remove creative my therapy/rehab center is on there ;-;
    No but for real I think Creative should be kept

Unknown User likes this.
  12. Cobwebster

Cobwebster Manager
    Staff Member Manager

It will be kept, we have no plans to remove. We just don't wanna advertise 2 creative servers in lobby.

13. Recent_Modes

Recent_Modes Active Member

I get what he is saying. The old me would have said something along the lines of, "Idc about Creative, just dump it" but many people will be mad because their builds will have been for nothing. I have been to Creative once or twice and made 5-6 pixel projects. I understand how people feel when they lose something they worked hard for/on. I personally think this is a good idea with splitting the differences and advertising CRP. However... Since CRP is the "Most popular" on the server, wouldn't it make sense to advertise Creative (To gain more attention) and make the other gamemode as a command? Correct me if I am wrong, but your statistics show that Creative traffic has been decreasing and this is a problem. Some say that it should be removed if not for the builds and that may be a valid point but wouldn't it be a good idea to make it "Harder" to get to CRP? I am not saying to make it difficult so they are forced to play Creative but instead you should advertise more on Creative. I understand this might have the opposite effect as Cob said and I am open to discussion on the matter. And the reason why Creative hasn't been the most popular is because it is made for builds and projects as CRP (I haven't played but I assume) is a gamemode that you can build and roleplay. I am still working out the kinks in this idea so I am alright if it is not accepted but I wanted to try to steer you in the right direction:)

14. MoonSpongeYT

MoonSpongeYT Novice

I agree with what he's saying, balance it out so Creative is getting the advertising and not CreativeRP, because players will share the command to get to CRP anyway, so if you advertise Creative instead, it will balance out the traffic of new players!

15. Cobwebster

Cobwebster Manager
    Staff Member Manager

CRP gets no special advertising, the past updates we've given Creative have basically made it equal to CreativeRP. They both have worldedit and Creative even has bigger plots. People just prefer CRP.

We're not gonna advertise Creative more, we'd just end up with 2 semi dead creative gamemodes.

It just makes 0 sense having 2 creative gamemodes publicly advertised.

LowlyGentlemen likes this.
  16. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

CreativeRP is the more popular of the two, the ultimate goal is to remove creative, hardly anyone is on it and as Cob said, it'd make no sense to advertise two creative gamemodes. The point of removing creative from the compass was to discourage people from going to creative and send them over to CreativeRP (the more popular one). It would make little to no sense to advertise creative and split the playerbase even more (something we're trying to avoid). Overall, the entire point to this is to stop people from going to Creative, and send them over to CreativeRP.

17. Recent_Modes

Recent_Modes Active Member

Oh. I thought the goal was to get players to play both. I misunderstood. If it is only for that reason, can't there be a way to duplicate all the builds on Creative and transfer them to CRP? It would take a while if there is a way but I have built minor things that I don't mind getting deleted but I still spend enough time on it for me to want to keep them. If that isn't possible, I don't think Creative is dying down anytime soon (Which was also stated earlier).

18. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

The issue with copying them over would be that they’d only copy over the ones that active players own, but if someone who’s inactive wanted their plot, we wouldn’t be able to get it back.

19. Flamehead1125

Flamehead1125 Novice

Just don't remove creative. I go on there to test things since i get too distracted on srp

TheTurtle_Gamer likes this.
  20. TheTurtle_Gamer

I go to creative for that reason, plus people annoyingly failing to do /p chat when roleplaying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.