1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

Idmc Rebranding 2019

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by MasterGabeMOD, Dec 25, 2018.

By MasterGabeMOD on Dec 25, 2018 at 7:25 PM
  1. MasterGabeMOD

MasterGabeMOD System Manager
    Staff Member Manager

To the beloved players of our network: First of all, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa, and I hope you had a great Hanukkah!

We are interrupting your day to announce two impending resets on our way! Before I begin, I'd like to give special thanks to our ex-builders: AbbeTheChicken, Mwolbom, and DeadInside_. Without their dedication and effort to the network, many of our spawns and PvP arenas would not be possible. I wish them the best of luck with their future endeavors, and words cannot express our gratitude for their hard work! I'd also like to take this time to officially announce and congratulate our Sr. Mod, Sqmantha, on becoming our new Head Builder! He will be keeping the build team in check as well as possibly recruiting new members to the team. If you have any questions regarding the Build Team or anything along those lines, feel free to send him a message!

Anyways, allow me to elaborate on these resets. There is currently no ETA for it, but our current plan for IDMC is to introduce different realms (essentially, seasons). Our first "realm" will be aquatic themed, meaning that our first two resets will have some sort of "aquatic-ness" to it. Now, you may be wondering which two game modes are getting reset. This may come as a shock to some of you, but we've decided to reset Normal Survival (nSurvival) and SurvivalRP (it will become cSurvival [Custom Survival] once again). We have high hopes and huge plans for these game modes. They will most likely reset early 2019 (January/February), and the start of the rebrand will come January 1st, 2019. I'll give you the basic rundown on both game modes; there will be more information to come!

Both nSurvival and cSurvival will be updated to version 1.13. It will include:
    • easier navigation
    • new detailed statistics
    • over 200 quests
    • new donator perks
    • bar gambling
    • new economy (no spawners, using the token shop and other reward programs)
    • crates
    • automatic /warp sand resets
    • all new custom terrain
    • custom fishing
    • and much more! (We aren't going to spoil everything)
    In addition to both Survivals being reset, we plan on revamping (reset) Factions once again. This will be sometime after both Survivals are already reset, up, and running. Don't worry though! If you are not happy about this reset, we will include a world map download of both game modes that way if you want to revisit your builds, you can do so. Not all will be lost! We look forward to introducing this to you! Thank you to all that have stuck around, and here's to 2019!

Thank you Melodaze for helping write this announcement

Lynkono, LinneBoy, ZenviZi and 10 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by MasterGabeMOD, Dec 25, 2018.

1. BlueDubstep The Legend
      BlueDubstep The Legend
      Wow. I've been playing on SurvivalRP since December of 2016. Its really sad to see all my hard work on my warp and town go, and I really hope there will be a world download to save our precious memories. I really hope mods could consider an update, instead of a whole reset.
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    2. Jupeful ~ Chris
      Jupeful ~ Chris
      Java Edition, yes. Not the Pocket Edition.
      Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
    3. x_Angels_Wing_x
      x_Angels_Wing_x
      I'm slightly confused, does this mean that our builds will be deleted or unclaimed? or that the server its self is to be reset without players losing their stuff?
    4. Jupeful ~ Chris
      Jupeful ~ Chris
      Both nSurvival and cSurvival will be updated to version 1.13. And yes, it's a reset so your builds will be gone.
      - There will be a world download for both gamemodes too.
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    5. Yonokid
      Yonokid
      Will the bitcoin plugin still be active in the reset?
    6. SirStefan13
      SirStefan13
      I knew it was going to come sooner or later. There's only one server I've seen that will not upgrade beyond 1.8, but I don't play that one any more, so... *Shrug* Now. I am not sure I understand what is going to happen. Am I correct that the current NS world will no longer exist or will be inaccessible to players? Mainly that all resources/builds/etc are effectively non-existent? If so, is it too late to make a suggestion that I have seen work elsewhere? What if you created the new NS 1.13 server and allowed players in the old one to /warp their possessions/build materials/etc. to the new one until the majority that want to have moved into new digs on the 1.13 server. Of course it would be helpful if we had "/back" available also, but that needs to be determined. That way you can rebuild with the resources you've already collected and only have to find an area to build on and unpack all your chests and shulkers and start building again. Then it won't be a total loss. I know that there are a number of players who have spent WAY more time than I have building much better places that I did who would hate to see it all gone with the press of a key. And I've been offered 10M or more for the place I built. I think I speak for all the more skilled builders when I say I'd hate to see it all go down the drain like a giant creeper just blew it all to hell. Is a moving period a viable option?
    7. ADHQ
      ADHQ
      what is cSurvival? I know of SurvivalRP and NSurvival but not CSurvival
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    8. DaskDaze
      DaskDaze
      It's an old gamemode that was replaced by SurvivalRP. It's basically the same as SurvivalRP, but less of the roleplaying aspect. It's supposed to feel like a modded minecraft with custom terrain and plugins.
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    9. SirStefan13
      SirStefan13
      It's the time and lost resources that I think concern most. When you spend hours building something piece by piece, hours collecting resources to build it and then an admin/owner comes along and says that they're going to upgrade/reset, etc. its a bit frustrating to start all over again. Its not like you can just dig around for a few minutes and get a handful of beacons or diamond armor and equipment. And that is just an off the cuff reference. There are much rarer or harder to get items that will "just disappear". You're basically left with ONLY what you can carry on you when it occurs. That's IT, nothing else. Its ALL gone. Now what? Oh great, lots of new resources. Yeah, and you have to get to it before everyone else does. And re-fabricate everything just to collect all those resources. Now don't take it personal, because I'm not trying to be, so if I sound bitter its only because I've seen this happen numerous times before. I can't say how many times I've had to "start fresh". It gets old in a hurry. That's one of the reasons I haven't been on much lately. I'm tired of "starting fresh and rebuilding" so its a bit depressing.
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    10. SirStefan13
      SirStefan13

I saw this mentioned in the beginning. What is a "world download" and what use will it be to have it? What do you do with it? If its just a copy of it then you could just use OBS and wander through your build recording it all for a blueprint. Its still just as otherwise useless isn't it?
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    11. ADHQ
      ADHQ
      NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT MY FAVORITE GAMEMODE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT CAUSE OF SLIMEFUN NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY MOOOOOOOOODDDDSSSS WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
      Sorry for the Character spam im just sad -ADHQ
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    12. Jupeful ~ Chris
      Jupeful ~ Chris
      A word map download can be used to revisit your old builds.
      -You can use it for anything.
      -If your builds are still in progress, you can keep continuing them, if you'd like. Again, you can use it to revisit your old builds.
      Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
      Slimeymimey and Penguin? like this.
    13. SirStefan13
      SirStefan13
      Okay, so you can download the old NS map and play it as a single player map that is a copy of your old build? How much of the old map is involved in that? I have never heard of doing that so its an unfamiliar option.
      Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
    14. Jupeful ~ Chris
      Jupeful ~ Chris
      Yeah, you can download the nSurvival map and play it. I believe every single build is included in it.
      Penguin? and Slimeymimey like this.
    15. Slimeymimey
      Slimeymimey
      // Just to make sure everyone is aware, both old Survival maps will up for download.

How do we download the maps?
    16. Slimeymimey
      Slimeymimey
      I agree.
      SirStefan13 likes this.
    17. Slimeymimey
      Slimeymimey
      How do we download the worlds?
    18. PrettyWorm
      PrettyWorm
      They are unavailable at this time, once/before the survivals reset there should be announcement going over the features in the new survivals. In the announcement there will be a section for the world downloads.
      Slimeymimey and SirStefan13 like this.
    19. SirStefan13
      SirStefan13
      So do I. I posted earlier an idea that I saw on another server that went through the 1.13 upgrade/reset. They created the new server and then allowed migrating players time to basically pack up and move to the new one. You could use "/back" to warp between worlds and shulkers (if you had them) to move all your stuff. When I did it I left nothing but an open hole where my base was. It took a couple days but I moved Everything. I imagine it wouldn't be Too hard to do something like that here.
      Slimeymimey likes this.
    20. Jrninjaboy915
      Jrninjaboy915
      CSurvival is Custom Survival, it was the gamemode that came before SurvivalRP. They made Custom survival more rp based which people didn't like so they are going back to Custom survival, Custom survival was like a Modded survival in a way, i don't really remember the feel, it has been a while, sorry. :( But u are in for a big and great Surprise in Csurvival if u like both survivals.
      Slimeymimey likes this.