1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

My Idea On Factions

Discussion in 'Factions' started by ITSWALUIGI, Jan 12, 2019.

?

Should we get rid of Factions

Poll closed Saturday at 4:17 PM.
  1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. ITSWALUIGI

ITSWALUIGI Novice

The Factions server is dying faster and faster and fewer people are going on to Factions when there's a reset. I used to play Factions until I was by my self every time I played. If you look on other servers (besides mc central) pvp is always dying, more people (like myself) like more creative or challenge severs instead of pvp. So my idea is to get rid of or replace Factions and add more creative challenges.

Slimeymimey likes this.
  2. Zed

Zed Active Member

Bedwars, bedwars, lets see some bedwars!

Slimeymimey likes this.
  3. LunchablesOG

LunchablesOG Chat Moderator
    Staff Member Chat Moderator

Multiple things are wrong in this message. Factions is resetting quite soon, hence why people have stopped playing seriously. They know their work will be erased soon. PvP is not dying, take a look at servers like VeltPvP and MinemenClub. These servers are putting up playercounts in the near 2000’s at times.

Penguin? likes this.
  4. ITSWALUIGI

ITSWALUIGI Novice

2019-01-12_15.45.55.png
    Back before the reset was announced the Factions server was at about 3-0. Srp has the same problem except 1. it's more enjoyable 2. this problem only happens in the morning when people are at work/school or are still sleeping. As were Factions is 1. not very enjoyable because of sight killers 2. as I said earlier it's about 3-0 but all day. And also what I meant be pvp is Factions

#4 ITSWALUIGI, Jan 12, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2019
    Slimeymimey likes this.
  5. roo101

roo101 Well-Known Member

IDMC's PVP community is dying. While the general Minecraft PVP community may be active, IDMC's is not. There just simply isn't enough people who like PVP that play on IDMC anymore. (Could partly be because IDMC is, 1. A small community when compared to larger servers, and 2. Is slowly losing it's already small playerbase.

(Yeah yeah, the Managers are trying to get it active again and such, it's just a fact right now.)

Aaaand... No.
    Minigames only work if the server is large enough.. And as I stated before, IDMC is NOT a very big community. Unless you're willing to play a match with like, 3 people, or wait hours on end for a small group of players, you're better off playing on a larger server that focuses on minigames.

Factions on IDMC simply isn't as popular as it once was.
    And PVP is not dying. It's just dying on IDMC.
    If you look at any minigame server, or any faction based server, or... Well.. (The list of servers with large PVP communities is pretty long so I hope you get the point) ANYWAYS, these kinds of servers aren't dying, and don't show signs of dying anytime soon.

As for more creative challenges... Not sure what you want there. Minigames? If so, "Minigames only work if the server is large enough."
    Just simply PVP? There is Battlegrounds.

ITSWALUIGI likes this.
  6. ITSWALUIGI

ITSWALUIGI Novice

No by creative challenges, I mean more servile severs and/or creative game mode servers along with some more features added to Srp.

Slimeymimey likes this.
  7. michaelmode

michaelmode Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Factions is going to be resetting, so I do not really see a need for the whole gamemode to cease its existence. It may not be popular now, but with the revamp; who knows what'll gain popularity!

@LunchablesOG, please be careful when it comes to referencing other servers. <3

Slimeymimey likes this.