1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

My Thoughts On Kitpvp.

Discussion in 'BattleGrounds' started by KyraZCat, Aug 17, 2017.

?

Should donor kit be slightly stronger than the average kit?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. No

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KyraZCat

KyraZCat Well-Known Member

Hi i'm KyraZCat and this is what I have to say about kitpvp.

So I love the new kitpvp but I see a lot of non-ranked players crying about it being too op.
    Did they not see last reset, it was way too op?
    Now I have a problem with the fact that the donor kit is constantly changing.
    Protection 4 and Fire Protection 4
    Protection 3 and Fire Protection 3
    And now Protection 3
    Now I understand most people need to like it, but the problem is that no one is gonna buy ranks anymore. Due to the fact that it is no longer useful.
    Also we are the ones supporting the server by spending our own money. We specifically bought these ranks for the gear/loot as our own advantage.

2. Guidoughboy

Guidoughboy Well-Known Member

One thing I'm going to point out that I'm not sure has been fully addressed by the Developers: the EULA is still in place, and it clearly prohibits servers giving advantages to ranked players. I'm not sure how the Devs are getting around this, I just wanted to point that out.

3. MasterGabeMOD

MasterGabeMOD System Manager
    Staff Member Manager

When Mojang had contacted us, they told us that we needed to setup a new system which would abide the rules in the EULA. This meant not selling things that provided players with advantages. Though, the beauty of this is we did not have to take away the old permissions from the old donator system. As long as the new donor system did not follow suit of the old, we were perfectly fine.

Instead of creating a bunch of new kits for each old donator rank, I created 1 donor kit for all. It does not contain the best enchants but it gives donors a slight starting advantage over the standardkit. Since we did not max out the donor kit with the best enchantments, all players are capable of achieving higher enchantments over the donors.

Since this can cause a stir in the community, we are going to be removing the donor kit completely off of KitPvP.

Ngomez15 likes this.
  4. KyraZCat

How is that fair for people who have brought ranks for it Gabe? why do you listen to people who ain't paying for the server

5. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

I'd have to agree with Kyra on this, a lot of KitPvP donors donated to get the kits specifically. So, what will happen to the ranks such as Major and Captain? Their biggest advantage was a better kit, and that's why they donated.

Now, in no way do I agree to a p2w (pay too win) server as that ruins pvp, the way we should fix it, is to balance out the kits a bit more evenly. My suggestion would be to leave the Donor kit as it is, but with the loot chests, make the %'s to receive armor equal/better to Donor a bit higher.

Another option would be to simply double the power of Donor from Starter. What I mean is if Starter is protection 1 armor, make Donor protection 2 and fire protection 2, so yes the Donor kit would have a higher advantage, but it'd be a very small advantage.

Overall, from what Gabe said, removing the Donor kit would be a massive mistake and it'd destroy the KitPvP player base for donors. The same mistake that happened with KitPvP 2.0, but reversed.

KyraZCat likes this.
  6. MasterGabeMOD

Staff Member Manager

I orginally did the kits this way because I didn't think it would be in violation of the EULA. Unfortunately, regardless of how I do it, it's in violation. @Cobwebster notified me that I cannot have this donor kit. Mojang simply wont tolerate us having this and I'm not prepared for legal issues with them.

LowlyGentlemen likes this.
  7. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

I can fully respect & understand that.

8. KyraZCat

iDMC was such a great place... it will be dying in the next month or two because no reason to buy ranks anymore :D

9. MasterGabeMOD

Staff Member Manager

Not quite. Our sales do better when kids are back at school for some weird reason.

10. KyraZCat

Kids probs do homework and get paid by the parents and then they buy ranks xD
    Or it is because in Australia our school term ends a couple of weeks after American school starts so we have money and stuff to spend

11. Not RIBELLION2

I just want the old one back

Ngomez15 likes this.
  12. Ngomez15

Ngomez15 Member

Last kit pvp was definetly not too overpowered. You could easily kill some key in god gear but now with this new kit pvp, it is almost impossible. You can get around 7-10 hits on them and barely bring them below 10 hearts. They were way too overpowered and I'm glad they fixed that.

13. Frogg

Frogg Well-Known Member

Please do not necropost

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.