1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

(nsurvival) I Think It's Time For A Reset.

Discussion in 'Survival' started by Dylan / Fite4DIMONDZ, Dec 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylan / Fite4DIMONDZ

As the title says, the nSurvival server should reset soon.

I have been playing since February and I have noticed a lack of players and new players staying.

I have a few ideas for why people are leaving
    • Lack of minerals
    • Lack of a large, empty space
    • Lack of people to buy/sell stuff
    • Not updated for Dark Oak Mansions
    • People just plain bored
    If you do reset it, I have an idea for the mansions: have the chunks the mansion is in randomly reset

Also, when you do reset it, I would love to have a world download since I have spent many hours on this server and I want to save what I have done

2. KyraZCat

KyraZCat Well-Known Member

The developers expand the boarder by 10k blocks every month I believe and so minerals can't be a problem. (We also have /shop)
    Empty space goes into the boarder part.
    Again /shop
    I'd tag @Cobwebster or @MasterGabeMOD
    And we have survivalrp which is more fun in my opinion!

3. Dylan / Fite4DIMONDZ

I tried SRP once and I didn't like all the addons on it. I like the normal survival gameplay plus warps and /homes on a server

4. TheTurtle_Gamer

TheTurtle_Gamer IDMC Addict

I disagree. I have flown around nSurvival, and I have seen tonnes of unexplored land. Utterly tonnes.

Morpheye_Geo likes this.
  5. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

Personally I love the idea of an NSurvival reset and I have for months, however other players do not see the need for it and it’s typically denied even though it needs it badly.

#5 LowlyGentlemen, Dec 3, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2017
  6. Zed_NinerNiner

Here's the issue with resetting NSurvival: It would be catastrophic to the server's economy. Many, many people would quit. If only 50% of NSurvival users were to quit, then you may actually lose a greater number of people contributing to the server's economy (i.e rank buyers, donators, crate buyers, voters etc). Besides removing everything the majority of NS users put months to even years of work into, you would be removing memories, hours of work, and many other things to put people off and make them go to other servers. Also, it would be a scam because of all the money people *RECENTLY* have been putting into the server (i.e. warps, skulls, igspawners, and /fly). Thinking over this entire situation, and letting it brew a bit, what do YOU think is right.....

Gizmo likes this.
  7. LowlyGentlemen

LowlyGentlemen Builder
    Builder

Everything you’re saying can be gotten back (excluding the time put into everything), donor ranks aren’t getting reset, the economy can easily build itself back up and everyone’s money in the server is irrelevant because you can get it back easily.

8. MasterGabeMOD

MasterGabeMOD System Manager
    Staff Member Manager

I think the perfect time to reset it would be MC 1.13/1.14 because it introduces so many new features and changes. Right now, I just don't think there's enough support or worth to give it a reset. I'd rather wait it out for the time being.

9. Hargur100

Hargur100 Well-Known Member

When The 1.14 Update Comes Out, The First Thing That I Want You To Do Is A Reset.

10. TheTurtle_Gamer

If that has to happen, can I at least get the map so I don't lose my base altogether? I wanna copy it over manually (by hand) if/when it resets, so I need to be able to copy it.

11. Zed_NinerNiner

That is not what I said. I said people who have donated via ranks are going to quit, and that would drive off the people contributing to the server's economy. Besides this fact, the reason why so many people are making new warps and cities is to compensate for the newer members of the server. The server is going through what one may call an age of "living in cites." Removing these cities would not only effect the owner(s), but also the residents.

After playing on IDMC since June of 2016, I have seen many people quit and join, buy ranks, build cities, I've had conversations with mods, builders, ranks, ordinary players. Many people like the server the way it is. Don't let the people down...

12. Zed_NinerNiner

Heyo, minerals are pointless with what people have accumulated over the years and with /shop and /ah anything is possible. Lack of large, empty space is combatable with flying wherever and finding un-generated land. Lack of people to buy/sell stuff: actually TRY to find a shop, you can. Not updated for Dark Oak Mansions: there are no naturally generated structures on NS. Just plain bored? Then quit! or as an alternative, join a city, make new friends, and at least TRY to have FUN. After all, isn't that the point of an MC multiplayer server...?

13. nicolaslightwood

I totally agree with zed 100% I believe with no disrespect Dylan / Fite4DIMONDZ that you are trying to make a game live up to a very high standards for your benefit when its already amazing and fun.

14. Optimus_is_Cyber

Optimus_is_Cyber Active Member

This could have been poll here. I searched some places in nSurvival by doing /wild and there are free land unclaimed so to me

15. TheTurtle_Gamer

Like everyone has said. I only wish for this if I get the map, and if it's for a large update.

16. J_jmc

J_jmc Novice

I agree absolutely! It does need a reset.

17. Zed_NinerNiner

Don't necro-post...you'll get bugged for it.

Flamehead1125 likes this.
  18. SCZealot

SCZealot Active Member

You know what else we need? /claim in the end. I NEED IT

Morpheye_Geo likes this.
  19. KuroiTsuki

KuroiTsuki Well-Known Member

Don't necropost. Follow the rules.
    Locking thread.

J_jmc, Miffy and TheTurtle_Gamer like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.