1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

Slime chunk question

Discussion in 'Server Discussion' started by disKKord, Nov 28, 2016.

1. disKKord

disKKord Novice

I'd like to build a slime farm but obviously finding a slime chunk in the wild is a hit or miss. I understand that the server seed should be kept secret for obvious reasons, but are senior mods able or allowed to look up slime chunks for us?

Thanks,

2. LAllen71

LAllen71 Resident

Swamps....?

3. disKKord

disKKord Novice

Swamps yes, but slimes also spawn in specific "slime chunks" at depths 40 and below where you can create a slime farm. The positive of a slime chunk is that it could be relatively close to home.

Anyway, I was just curious. If it's not possible then I am off to find a swamp :)

ToastyTurtle likes this.
  4. LAllen71

LAllen71 Resident

Yes, I knew that. I am not sure who knows the seed of the Survival map, nor do I know if they will give you the coords of a slime chunk...

5. disKKord

disKKord Novice

It's cool either way. Not that I really need a slime farm. :p I just like building.

6. ToastyTurtle

ToastyTurtle Guest

Ya, sorry. Your best shot is building over a swamp, but we both know that that isn't the most convenient place to build something attractive. Tell me which server you're referring to so if I end up finding a slime chunk I'll let you know.

7. disKKord

disKKord Novice

I'm on custom creative. my base cords are around 1400 -2050. I'm not going to hold my breath, but if you ever find one let me know.

Thanks!