1. Join our server today:
    play.idmchub.net
Dismiss Notice
Join the IDMC Network today:
play.idmchub.net

Staff Update + Network Birthday

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Melodaze, Feb 19, 2019.

By Melodaze on Feb 19, 2019 at 4:04 AM
  1. Melodaze

Melodaze Community Manager
    Staff Member Manager

Hello, IDMC players!

I know it’s been pretty confusing with what’s been going on with the staff team as of recent. With the staff purge and what’s about to come, I know that there are questions that we have withheld from all of you. So, why did we have a staff purge (specifically towards the Sr. Mods)?

Well, there were a lot of issues with the Sr. Mods that a lot of you guys weren’t aware of since most of it occurred in the staff Discord or the staff chats. The majority of our Sr. Mod team were put in this position because we believed that they were role models for the other Mods. Now, this does not mean that they never deserved it- they did earn their position in the past, but that was in the past. I understand how some of you may believe that keeping Mwya (Maya) as our only Sr. Mod may look “biased”, but she was put forth by many of our staff members to be kept as she was the only one who didn’t have any huge “issues”. We really just wanted a clean slate with our Sr. Mods because it seemed as if the definition of a Sr. Mod had changed once that staff member reached that rank. We appreciate everything that the Sr. Mods have done for us, but it comes to a point where enough is enough. What they had done did not necessarily warrant a full demotion (which is why they were only brought down one rank). Old Sr. Mods can earn their rank back, but it’s time for a new era.

With that being said, we have decided it would be in our best interest to demote Sammie from his position on the staff team. This may come as a shock to some, but due to multiple issues and challenges faced, we needed to come to terms with releasing him from his duties.

P.S. Happy 4th Birthday to the IDMC Network! I hope to see more improvements as we continue with the rebranding process. :)

Comments

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Melodaze, Feb 19, 2019.